An inheritance can be a pleasant boon, even if it comes amidst grief and mourning. However, a sudden influx of cash could drastically change your financial situation, giving you unexpected responsibilities. A financial advisor could help you make sense of your newfound wealth, suggesting smart ways to allocate your inheritance.
The Benefits of Speaking to a Financial Advisor
An inheritance might be comprised of many different elements, from cash accounts to stock portfolios—even a house, car, or business.
Oftentimes, an inheritance is a windfall, albeit one delivered in a time of significant emotional turmoil. While you might not need a financial advisor to help manage smaller sums of money, a professional could offer tempered guidance if you are confused, grieving, and unsure how to best use your recently acquired assets.
A financial advisor could offer thoughtful advice on how to invest your money for life-long returns. Of course, your advisor is not going to tell you that you cannot—or should not—use any of your inheritance for vacation, home renovations, or other pleasure purchases. Instead, a good financial advisor will help you strike a balance between improving your short-term circumstances and meeting your long-term goals.
How a Financial Advisor Can Help You Make the Most of an Inheritance
Your financial advisor can help you make the most of your inheritance by:
- Creating a detailed financial plan. A comprehensive financial plan entails much more than savings. Your financial advisor will consider your income, assets, and aspirations when creating a plan to meet your short- and long-term goals.
- Managing your money. Constantly monitoring markets and returns can be exhausting for anyone. However, your financial advisor’s full-time job is ensuring that your money is not only safe but earning you the returns you need to prosper.
- Maximizing your retirement savings. Many people make the mistake of thinking that they can live off Social Security in retirement. Even if you already have a retirement plan, putting money aside for your golden years is often easier said than done. Your financial advisor will evaluate your income, employment trajectory, and intended retirement age to figure out how you can maximize your investments to have a happy, healthy, and safe retirement.
The Benefits of Working With Quraishi Law & Wealth
Quraishi Law & Wealth’s team of attorneys and certified financial advisors offers the best of both worlds:
- As attorneys, our knowledge of local, state, and federal law keeps your inheritance safe from challenges and unforeseen tax liabilities.
- As registered financial advisors, we don’t just help you keep your money safe—we help you grow your wealth in a way that suits your circumstances, ambitions, and values.
We pride ourselves on offering down-to-earth financial advising services. Unlike many other firms, we understand that your inheritance is yours—and yours alone. Instead of offering one-size-fits-all solutions, we work with you to find the best ways to invest and protect your inheritance. We can help you:
- Transform your inheritance into a long-term investment
- Create a comprehensive financial plan that accounts for your risk tolerances and market preferences
- Grow your existing wealth while minimizing your personal and business tax liability
- Establish an estate plan that protects you, your family, and your legacy
- Ensure that your assets are safe from creditors, lawsuits, and unexpected changes in life circumstances
Contact Quraishi Law & Wealth Today
Quraishi Law & Wealth can help you use your Arkansas inheritance to expand your wealth, meet your retirement goals, and establish an intergenerational legacy of your own. Please contact us online or call us at 870-275-4304 to schedule your initial consultation.